Tuesday, February 5, 2013

WFRP, Rifts, and Dead Reign.

I think roleplaying has begun to pick up. I've got three games I'm preparing for.

Rifts: The first session has gone according to plan. I have set up the beginning of the campaign and introduced one of the influential NPCs. Hopefully personal character contacts can be established. There's a ton of work to be done yet in the planning department. I have yet to get two book I will need, the black market sourcebook and the Arzno sourcebook. According to the route I believe the players will plot through the post-apocalypse west, they will pass through Arzno. A city that had been besieged by vampires in recent game history. So it may be good to at least flip through the book.

Dead Reign: I've got all the books in the mail and have almost finished with the core book. The game is much more frightening and brutal than I had expected. I will not be playing it as is. Changes will be made to make it a more generic zombie survival horror. There are some zombie types and other elements that I believe detract from shorter games. It'll only be a two night affair, so I'm probably going to go with a sort of scripted series of events. I'm thinking about using "boss zombies" at the end of each day. Like how the Resident Evil games do the climax.

WFRP: I've been reading the core book and finding all the things That made me like this game so much. The game system is just well put together. And the theme is uniquely ingrained in the game world and how the mechanics work. I'll be playing with new players and I'm not sure just how much they know or expect from a roleplaying game. It should be easy to adapt WFRP to an easy-going playstyle or for greater depth.

Anyway...I'm done writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment