Monday, May 13, 2013

Away for the weekend.

I didn't get much done this weekend. I was out of town for family stuff. I did manage to get a few hours of hobby each night of the week though. And I found some cork for my Grey Knight bases too! But I think that I am going to shift gears and focus 100% on my friend's Deathwing army. I'd like to get them done quick and play a few games before giving them back. Memorial Day weekend is my next free hobby weekend, so I am rushing to get them done. Sadly, it seems impossible.

As for my GK, I have decided on my list and how I am going to use most of the units. I'm keeping the daemon blade inquisitor and just giving him some servo skulls to help with deep strike pressure. I plan to combat squad one unit of terminators to have 2 incinerators deep strike in tandem with the dreadknight with heavy incinerator. Psychic communion and the servo skulls on the inquisitor should add a little stability to pull it off. I have also replaced the dakka stormraven for a landraider crusader. In it I will put the other half of the combat squaded termies with justicar attached to the inquisitor. They can also be switched out for the strike squad if I think I'll be facing a helldrake. The basic strategy is to present a tough core with some incoming reserves to hit my opponent where it will hurt the most. The melta/lascannon stormraven will hunt fliers, and the incinerators will torch units hiding.

Now, the daemon blade... It doesn't look too good on paper, but I did a few practice rolls and was very surprised at how nasty it can get. I think I'll surprise opponents with the brutality the inquisitor could potentially dish out. Now I know I should drop the daemon blade and use an ordo xenos and psykotroke. But I guarantee I'll get enough shit for playing GK as it is. I want a unique army that I can call mine. So that means I will choose some of the fun wargear over the competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment