Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Busy hobby holiday weekend

Well I had the chance to playtest my list the first day of my 3 day weekend. I played down to 1650, but only dropped the strike squad. I lost horribly to Eldar/DE. Reserves came in late and piecemeal, and I'm not sure how well I played to the mission. At first I thought about completely scrapping the list and starting over. But these are the growing pains I have to expect. So I have made a few changes, still keeping within the general terminator theme. Here's an updated list.

HQ
-Coteaz....because I need him to play competitively. I have a fine cast model already painted, so it's not a big deal. The other inquisitor I made may make an appearance in big games though.

Troops
-10 terminators, same incinerators
-10 terminators, same psycannons
-6 warrior acolytes with bolters in a psybolt razorback. They are cheap and I had the models nearly built for the unit anyway.

Fast attack
-same storm raven

Heavy Support
-same dreadknight
-same Crusader but now with a multi melta. This thing is costly, but I believe it can and will be hard to kill.
-psybolt dreadnought with autocannons. I was originally going to use gun servitors...but realized that I can only have 3 with guns. So they were scrapped for this guy.

I think this list is better, although I did spend a few days getting bitz ready to make 10 gun servitors only to realize I can only have 3. I need today with it before I make more changes. I think I need more henchmen or some purifiers. Maybe the psycannon termies will have to go. On the bright side, I won't have to convert 10 servitors...sadly I have some multi meltas coming in from eBay that I won't need.

I spent Sunday playing Talisman Prologue on the iPad. It's pretty addictive and makes me want to actually try the board game. Monday I was able to get a game of WFRP2nd edition. Just continuing the campaign. I had to rush at the last minute to get things prepared. We made the plans on Saturday, so I had a little time to read over the first campaign adventure and flesh out some subplot stuff. The game went great once again. It's not a challenge at all to GM. Everyone just works together great, like we've known each other longer than the 4 times now we've played. So overall, it was a GW weekend.










No comments:

Post a Comment