Monday, May 20, 2013

Ready to playtest

I've gotten some good progress this week on my GK. I've put the legs on the dreadknight and assembled most of the inquisitor. Everything is good enough to playtest on the tabletop in friendly games. I just need to find some time to actually do that. I even put paint to one of my termy justicars. I wasn't even thinking about it, I just picked up some new paints and started working on it. I tested out a value scale with the grey paints I had chosen. It helped a lot with choosing the exact colors. I'm happy so far, even though the armor is drybrushed. I usually stay away from large amounts of drybrushing, but I think these guys will need it.

I've also shuffled around the list. The dakka stormraven has been dropped for a land raider crusader. I figure I can put the inquisitor with a combat squad of terminators in it. Keeping with the all-comers theme, I figured it wild he more balanced that way. The raider is also a big target that opponents may not have an answer to. The profile is also big enough to hide units behind it. Combine that with possible 2nd turn assault and I may have a beta strike strategy on my hands provided all of my reserves come in.

So my plan is to pick my targets right away. So 2nd turn the storm raven can come in and take out a target, the incinerators drop down to cause havoc in the enemies back lines, the raider brings it's contents into assault, and the two units on foot provide support fire to whichever unit needs it. I don't want to be reactive, but proactive. If I focus on the mission and disrupting my opponent, then I may just win the game through determination and strategy rather than a better army list. Jack up a player's flow and see if they fall apart. I should also begin to define the dual roles of each unit. That way I make sure they are always persuing their goals and not wasting time being indecisive.





No comments:

Post a Comment