Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A few changes

The 5 days off I had were going to be an amazing amount of free time to get some models built and painted for my Grey Knights. Day one, I assembled three multi-melta servitors and three plasma gun warriors. And that's it. I began looking into the new Eldar and started to become more than a little disappointed. Eldar were my other choice for 6th edition. I figured they'd get a new codex near the end of the year. So rather than build an army and have it change when I was done, I went with GK. Shortly after investing a good sum of money into my GK...the Eldar codex comes out. An Iyanden supplement also comes out with exactly what I've always wanted...a wraith guard army and new models. Had I only known, I would have saved my money and spent it on Eldar. Sadly, the codex and Iyanden book are a bit expensive. By this time I'm getting a little disappointed in how terrible my GK are going to be. In order to play a fun list, I have to lose nearly every game. That's no fun. So I decide to make a change.

I received a Khador battle groups box for Warmachine at adepticon a few years ago. Now, I had played Warmachine when it first came out. I played Rhulic mercenaries, although I wanted to play Khador...but someone else was playing them. I've been seeing many of the models for Circle of Orboros over the last month and loved how they look. If I can find some people to play, or a good community, then maybe Warmachine is a better wargame for me. As it turns out, a few of the guys in my roleplaying group actually play. So I painted my two Khador warjacks and order most of what I need. In a short period of time I will have all the units I want to begin playing and have friends who play. This is probably one of the final steps to finally finding a place in the Madison area after I moved 3 years ago. It looks like 40K doesn't really fit with my lifestyle or circle of friends anymore. I'll never be able to get rid of all my 40K stuff, but I don't really want to. My goal right now is to liquidate much of it and finish the few painting projects I have going on right now.

As for the future, Warmachine will most likely be my main hobby. Which means I'm still going to adepticon every year, and there will still be plenty of tournaments to play. But for 40K, the game is just too out of line on several fronts for me. I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth.



No comments:

Post a Comment