Tuesday, June 26, 2012

July 21st Tourney

    Getting ready for a 2000pt tourney with roughly the same list.  I've gotten a lot of building done in the last week as well.  I kept most of my list the same from the last tourney with a few changes to make it more competititve.  I figure I've got to do a little better than middle of the pack in the next few rounds to have a chance in the top 16.

HQ
-Wolfpriest with termy armor, combi-melta, and wolftail talisman
-Wolfpriest without any upgrades

ELITE
-4 terminators including Arjac.  Mixed wargear and drop pod
-3 Wolfguard with frostblades
-Wolfscouts with meltagun

TROOP
-Grey Hunter packX2  Same old pack I always run
-8 Blood claws with power weapon and flamer in rhino.  No Lukas this time

FAST ATTACK
-4 Thunderwolves with one storm shield and one meltabomb
-2 landspeeders with multi meltas

HEAVY SUPPORT
-Longfangs with missiles X2

    I replaced Lukas in the Blood Claws with a wolfpriest to save points and make the unit stronger in assault.  Bjorn was dropped for a simple termy wolfpriest to go with Arjac's unit.  I had originaly chosen Grimnar, but I figured he'd be too many points and overkill in the unit.  Arjac and the priest should be able to handle themselves in most situations.  The landspeeders will add some heavy anti tank along with the wolf scouts. 



    My Eldar Corsairs army is slowly coming together as well  I've got my first Falcon and most of my Viper done.  Five more Vipers and two more Falcons to go.  My plan is to have the army fully assembled before I really paint anything.  I'd like to playtest them if any drastic changes are needed. 

    I've also gotten a treat from ebay in the mail....
    I can't wait to start on the Avatar.  I have no real plans to run one, but I love monstrous creatures and it is a pretty badass model.
    This next tournament will be the last 5th edition one I play.  My 6th edition copy is already pre-ordered, and I'll probably spend a whole weekend reading through it.  I'm not looking forward to it, not because of any rumors, but because I'm lazy.  Rumors are useless to debate, we'll all get the book at the same time, and I've got better things to do with my time/energy.  Now...to get painting.  I've got a wolfpriest and speeders to finish.  I may cook up some skyclaws instead of the speeders....but that's a completely different can of worms.

UPDATE:  The tourney will probably be played with 6th ed. rules.  No big deal, now I've got a real drive to understand them faster and thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment