Wednesday, June 13, 2012

    This weekend I've got a tournament that I have not really prepared for.  I use tournaments to get a new unit or cool character painted.  I've got a pretty good track record of getting best painted, but I don't feel it's fair if I don't continuously add a new unit every time I play.  I'm using my wolves again and have a small pack of Fenrisian Wolves that haven't seen the tabletop.  I had painted them for the last tourney, but ended up missing it.  For this one, it seems characters will play somewhat of a role with the theme.  My list includes Bjorn and Lukas, but I've been itching to play Arjak.  I've got the model but other things have gotten in the way of me puting any work into it.  I vow to get the model done in the next few days doing whatever it takes.

    So far I've cleaned up the finecast and used hot water to straighten out the hammer.  Mico airbubbles aside, it looks pretty cool.  As he's a badass character, I used a chunk of plaster and made a piece of rubble for his base.  After some runes and a little knot work, the slap of concrete looks pretty good.  A quick primer and basecoat are all I've gotten done last night, but I'm off to a good start.  Tonight I hope to finish all base colors and washes.  I think that's a pretty descent goal I can attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment