Friday, November 2, 2012

Draigowing over Loganwing

    I like terminators.  I like customizable terminators.  I like the see just how many I can fit into an army list.  While playing Space Wolves the last few years, I have been slowly building a Wolfguard army of terminators.  Along came the new 'Cron codex and I trade my Necron army for a Draigo Paladin army.  Now comes 6th edition and my entire understanding of the game of 40K is altered.  I have a chance to start fresh with a new army and continue to build old ones or pet projects as allies.  I want terminators, and I will have them.  Although now I am going with Grey Knights.  I've played  the last tournament with Logan, Draigo, Paladins, Wolfguard, and regular GK termies.  I like how the GKs play.  And here's why....

    Draigo VS Logan
-Both benefit the troops.
-Both are tough in assault.
-Draigo is only AP3.
-Logan has less wounds and a worse invuln.
So to me, Draigo barely wins out.

GK terminators VS Wolfguard terminators
-At about 250pt per unit, they are pretty similar.
-Assault cannon is weaker than Psycannon.
-GK stormbolters are usually upgraded to str5
-GK have psychic powers while WG have counterattack.
-GK terminators are troops naturally.
The GK have a little of an edge, although the WG can be upgraded with some great wargear if you're willing to pay the inflated costs.

    Grey Knights have paladins while SW can get multiple runepriests.  But as I've played the GK, Paladins have time and time again survived some of the nastiest odds.  And with Draigo, they are troops.  GK can also get a Stormraven....For the time being, Grey Knights win out for me.  Daemons are a hot army right now, and I'd like to think the army designed to fight them should be a better choice.  Now, I've got to find a way to get Coteaz in a unit with 4 psilencers....Yeah, that's going to happen.

    As I begin to work on models for an upcomming tourney, I am excited to come up with strange units of inquisitorial henchmen.  I need to use Coteaz, but I think he's awesome anyway.  The henchmen warbands are a source for some uniquely equiped units.  Something I don't think most people even care to spend the time looking into.  And again, underlying everything, I own two vindicare assassins!  How awesome is that?!  Well, being unique, not as awesome, but still pretty damn cool!
    I'll update some pics of my painting progress and a tentative list once I flesh it out and finish actually building the army.  Now...I've got to find a Coteaz model.

No comments:

Post a Comment