Thursday, November 8, 2012

Work work work

Well my computer broke. The upside is that I've spent much more time at the hobby desk. My avatar is assembled and I've settled on a paint scheme for my Grey Knights. Coteaz has also been painted in the same grey armor. The regular metallic of the army left much to be desired. Sadly it took me getting the base colors on ten terminators to realize this. By chance I had purchased a grey knight strike squad for bitz when they were released. After some creative modeling, I've got a purgation with four incinerators. I plan to run them in the storm raven for fun. I am also currently working on henchmen for Coteaz. Basically warriors with plasma and bolters to ride in a chimera. I'd like to find some arbites with riot shields and power mauls to use as crusaders. I'd use them in the storm raven. The more I listen to podcasts and build models, the better my understanding of how to get what I want out of 6th edition and the grey knight codex. Sadly, I am only taking Draigo right now for command abilities and paladin troops. I plan to use some combat squad shenanigans to get four psilencers with Coteaz. Combine that with divination psyker powers and I have a unit to face daemons with. I've got a practice game this weekend, so I'll see just how well they do. After that, it's back to space wolves for a team tourney on the 17th. And after THAT, it's a tourney with my GK on the 2nd of December. My goal is to hit both with a fully painted force. Although I am far more excited to get the GK painted.

1 comment:

  1. BTW, the practice game was a shoot out with Iron Warriors. It went pretty simply like this...They didn't move, I shot better than them, their rhinos didn't get them far, paladins soaked up a ton of firepower. I also realized I have beaten my friend every single time I played at his house...and I think in every tournament we played against each other. Hmmm, I am not looking forward to Karmic backlash.

    ReplyDelete