Monday, November 26, 2012

It's all over but the basing.

Warning: shitty pictures.

Getting ready for a tournament on Dec.2nd. Didn't get up to GB for the team tourney so I'm going to play my 1000pt list with an extra 850pts that mimic someone else on the team. So pretty much thunderwolves, longfangs, and a runepriest. Some troops too, whatever. I'm fluffily obligated to play with Wolfguard terminators, and I'd like a fully painted army....so that's why I ditched the Grey Knights. It's a story driven tournament that picks up where another last one left off. My "Sons of Fenris" Wolfguard terminators had some great game that added to the overall story of the last event. So you see, I have to bring them to keep the asskicking going. Basically, each table in the tournament is a planet in the sector. They all have their own special rules like low gravity or no atmosphere, stuff like that. At the end of the game, the winner decides if he wants to stay on the planet or leave. Staying means there's a good chance you continue to play with the battlefield conditions, but may influence the overall story.

As I pulled out my painted terminators for inventory to build a list, I realized that almost none of them had been built for points efficiency. Enter black reach terminators and a fistful of Wolfguard bitz... Over the course of the holiday (Thanksgiving) weekend I assembled and painted 6 Wolfguard terminators and a Runepriest. Sadly, the model I used for the runepriest was the generic librarian in terminator armor. I did a few swaps for some plastic space wolf pieces, but neglected to do anything with the head. Not a problem at first until you notice he has a baby-face. Hopefully the 5 o'clock shadow I gave him with badab black gives him a hard edge the Viking theme seems to promote in the army.

My list...
First 1000pts

Runepriest termy

8 Wolfguard termies
-assault cannon
-2 combi meltas
-combi plasma
-2 power fists

8 Grey hunters with drop pod
-meltagun
-wolf standard
-power axe
-mark of the wulfen

8 Grey hunters in a rhino
-Same as the other unit.

6 Longfangs
-5 missile launchers

My extra 850 point list

Runepriest with runic armor
-master of runes

8 Bloodclaws in rhino
-power weapon
-flamer

5 Thunderwolf Cavalry
-power fist
-storm shield
-bolter(Because I still have them modeled for 5th Ed. wound allocation.)

5 Fenrisian wolves
-Cyberwolf

6 Longfangs
-5 missile launchers

This leaves me with 17 points. Maybe I'll throw in another blood claw if I have the model. My plan is to give the master of runes biomancy and try to get endurance. That way I can cast it on the thunderwolves to give them FNP and "it will not die". The Fenrisian wolves are also to shadow the thunderwolves and absorb as much overwatch for them as they can. The termy runepriest will take divination to pump up the big terminator unit he's going to be in. I may peel off a combi melta terminator to accompany the grey hunters in a drop pod. The idea is to play aggressively.

We'll see how this all works out. I don't plan to win many games, but I still need to play with confidence. If nothing, it may throw my opponent off. Like I'll be making bunch of wrong moves and he may think I've got some insane strategic plan. While in reality, I'm really just jacking up my game.




No comments:

Post a Comment